Saturday, January 7, 2017

STRESS

     As I mentioned in the previous post I have recently been under incredible stress.  I wanted to post about whether I have a migraine/stress connection because often times people think there is a connection.  I do not think I have a connection.  I should correct myself, most types of stress do not increase the frequency of my migraines but the fight or flight kind that causes adrenaline to flow definitely gives me a migraine.  That situation has to be pretty extreme for it to cause a migraine though - I'm talking hands shaking from adrenaline level.
     The other kind of long term stress where I'm having trouble dealing with life does not seem to increase the frequency of my migraines.  I did indeed have increased migraines during this last stressful phase of my life but it coincided with having low iron again.  Since past experience shows I have a migraine/low iron connection and not a migraine/stress connection I can only blame it on the iron.
     I am not sure if this post would help anyone but I thought I would write about it because sometimes it is frustrating for others to assume there is a connection.

No comments: